Step-family counselling is all about providing you with the tools specifically tailored to your step-family unit, and assisting you in putting these tools to work for you.
- Is your blended family just not blending?
- Are you a step-parent struggling with your relationship with the step-kids?
- Is your relationship not what you expected?
- Is discipline a problem?
- Are your step-kids disrespectful?
- Who comes first – your partner or the child?
- Do you sometimes feel like an outsider?
If any of those resonate, my services are for you.
- We are not a mediators, and do not provide mediation services
- We are not a Parenting Co-ordinator
- We do not provide Views of the Child reports required for court
Our approach is that the step-family is like a new business. And in a well-run business, we focus on management. A successful business has a clear vision, each employee in the business knows their job description, their roles and what is expected of them. We want to calm the chaos so that in your house everyone knows what the expectations are and you can feel confident in your role in your family. We focus on boundaries and communication within the immediate step-family. We acknowledge that we cannot change other, we can only focus on our own role within the system and explore what our options are.
Ready to get started? Contact us to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation.